Monday, December 8, 2008

Good Riddance 2008: Vernon Club

I didn't even know this place existed-- I knew the bowling alley was there and have always wanted to go, but I didn't know there was a club attached. The reason I'm suggesting this is that the Tim Kreckel Orchestra is pretty cool and I lurve the website. It doesn't seem to have any food or drink attached to admission, but I thought I would include it because it kind of speaks to my aesthetic. Before you reject it, at least poke around the website.

Pros: Guaranteed good tunes
Cons: Unknown quantity

1 comment:

justin said...

WOW, i never knew this place even existed and i've been driving by for years. i guess it's just been renovated and now hosts concerts. you enter the club through the rear of this massive building. you can see the balls rolling back in the ceiling. This place is a must see!! Let's hope this Louisville original keeps it up. the website is vernonclub.com.