Friday, February 6, 2009

Save the Date: Bouchercon 2009 in Indy

I know, I know, we're jumping the gun a bit here, but I've always wanted to go to Bouchercon, and now that it's going to be so nearby I don't have any whinybaby excuses for missing it. Bouchercon is the World Mystery Convention, the largest annual meeting of mystery writers and mystery fans.

The event features Michael Connelly as the Guest of Honor and is October 15-18 (I know, I know, I can barely plan what I'm doing tomorrow let alone what I'm doing in EIGHT months, but I thought I'd give y'all a head's up).

The best part of these events are usually the panel discussions. And the list of attendees features a lot of great writers and a couple of great writers who are Friends of (this) Lou including: Jack Getze, author of the Austin Carr series including the books BIG MONEY and BIG NUMBERS and dear, dear friend of Lou, and Nancy Pickard, Edgar & Agatha winner and acquaintence of Lou.

Just before this event on October 14, Sisters in Crime is presenting "SinC Into Great Writing!" a dinner, seminar, and keynote event featuring Nancy Pickard and friend of Lou, NYC Literary Agent Donald Maass. Register here.

3 comments:

Jack Getze said...

Looking forward to seeing Lou in May, but October should be even more fun. More time to hang at the bar.

Tell me Lou hasn't joined SinC, become a mystery writer!

M said...

Love you, Austin! Womanizer though you are...

No. Lou doesn't have a big enough brain to write mysteries. She will remain a fan and keep her scribblings confined to simpler things.

Anonymous said...

Or one could just say that Lou's life in itself is a mystery so why would she make it boring by turning her fiction into mystery.